Signal Messaging App took over WhatsApp Messenger!! Five hundred thirty-three million Facebook users’ data leaked by hackers, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg was also affected in this facebook data leak process. Maybe that is the prime reason Zuckerberg himself is now relying on the Signal app for his own data security.
- Mark Zuckerberg using the Signal app.
- Zuckerberg’s details leaked online by hackers.
- What is Signal Messaging App?
- Why Zuckerberg depending on the Signal app?
Mark Zuckerberg using Signal Messaging App
Dave Walker, a Cyber Data Security researcher claimed that Zuckerberg is also using the Signal Messaging App in a tweet. The official Twitter handle of the Signal app also responded to this new development. The Signal app company also reminds us of the 15th May deadline of Terms of Service acceptance in WhatsApp.
Dave also confirmed that Facebook co-founders Chris Hughes and Dustin Moskovitz’s data also stolen by hackers. Mark Zuckerberg’s all information about phone number, date of birth, marriage, location, and Facebook user ID also leaked by the hacker as per Walker.
What is Signal Messaging App?
A non-profit company named Signal Technology Foundation and Signal Messenger LLC developed a cross-platform centralized encrypted messaging service for Windows, iOS, and Android devices. It also addresses end-to-end data encryption. Moxie Marlinspike an American cryptographer and WhatsApp Co-founder Brian Acton started Signal Technology Foundation in 2018. “Say Hello to Privacy” is the Signal app tagline.
Signal Messenger is a very secure encrypted messaging platform than, Facebook Messenger, Skype, etc. It is a free app.
Why Zuckerberg depending on the Signal app?
- Block Screenshot; no one can take a screenshot of your Chatting Messages.
- Double password checking before entering into the Signal app. You will get a privacy option where No entry possible without entering a password or pin.
- If you turn off the Read Receipts option, the person on the other side will not know about the message reading status.
- Typing Indicators option provides not show the typing status.
- Change a theme by clicking on appearance under settings.
- Language change option
- Chat Backup options are present.
- You can also see in this with whom you have chatted the most.
These unique features helping the Signal Messaging app to gain popularity among the tech-savvy generation, who are very much concerned about data security and privacy. Earlier on 7th January this year, Tesla boss Elon Musk also promoted and given support to the Signal Messaging app by an open tweet.
Mark Zuckerberg knows better than us about the security loopholes in WhatsApp Messenger as it is his own product. So, he switches his loyalty to the Signal Messaging Platform, before losing sensitive data anymore, leaving his own product behind.